Thursday 19 March 2015

Anchored....

Romans 8:28
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

It is possible that I have written that scripture in another post, every time I think about it I marvel at the goodness of God. I am confident that God is working ALL things out not just for my good but for His glory.

The scheduled treatment didn't happen as there was a delay in the delivery of the machine. I am writing from the hospital bed awaiting the treatment tomorrow. The past two weeks have been hard; I have been in pain, dizzy and nauseous but certainly never without something to thank God for. I am grateful that I have not been without hope in the midst of it all, that I have had the assurance of His presence with me, that His promises are true.

Truth is, when I listen to my body at times my mind gets crowded, it is easier when I can easily explain to myself why I could be in sudden pain. Worry is an enemy that I consciously and deliberately try keep out of my heart. The easiest way to do that has been going back to the promises that God has made to me. David the Psalmist was right when he said" my comfort in my suffering is this,your promise preserves my life".

As I sleep tonight, I have the confidence that God is in control. The after effects of last treatment are still fresh on my mind and hearing the doctor say they will use a higher dose, I can only hope and trust that my body will handle it well. There is comfort in knowing that the LORD will never leave me nor forsake me; that He is with me through it all.

My encouragement to any of you reading this today and battling worry, fear & discouragement, take time and remember God's promises to you. If you have none, please ask Him for one. I believe He gives us His promises to serve a walking stick in the climb and a sign that there will be a brighter day. Our responsibility in this I believe is to stay the course and keep the course.

My hope is anchored in my LORD JESUS and I know He is dependable!!

Blessings to you and your loved ones!

2 comments:

  1. Of this we are sure, God loves you . . . you have no idea how even from such a distance He manages to call you to His purpose. You inspire in many of us, faith in The Lord.
    For the Lord is your light and salvation; the very stronghold of your life . . . so whom shall you fear! Psalm 27:1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your confidence in God's love for you inspires many of us. Continue praising, the God of the mountain is the same God in the valley... Hugs**

    ReplyDelete