Saturday 21 February 2015

Sovereign Over Us

Sovereign Over Us : Aaron Keyes


There is strength within the sorrow, There is beauty in our tears
You meet us in our mourning, With a love that casts out fear
You are working in our waiting, Sanctifying us
When beyond our understanding, You're teaching us to trust

CHORUS
Your plans are still to prosper, You have not forgotten us
You're with us in the fire and the flood
Faithful forever, Perfect in love
You are sovereign over us

You are wisdom unimagined, Who could understand your ways
Reigning high above the heavens, Reaching down in endless grace
Youʼre the Lifter of the lowly, Compassionate and kind
You surround and You uphold me, Your promises are my delight

Even what the enemy means for evil
You turn it for our good, You turn it for our good and for your glory
Even in the valley You are faithful
Youʼre working for our good, Youʼre working for our good and for your glory


I believe such a song is rarely birthed in the sunshine but in the storms and God is his unending love allows them to be sung to comfort the singer and those that hear it. 

It is over a month since the last post, life ended up being busier than I expected.  I enjoyed my time with the loved ones in Kenya and as I write I am back to India. I started this post with the words of that song because they resonate with my heart, indeed God is working everything for our good and for His glory. There are testimonies about God that I have heard from people that maybe I would not have had the privilege of hearing had I not gone through this phase. I am experiencing different facets of my God and for that I rejoice.

Every time I am packing to come to India, the prayer in my heart usually is, " LORD, when I go back, getting a clean bill of health would be wonderful, but should the report be different, I know that you are working everything for my good and for your glory." The truth is, my understanding of good is limited, it is biased based on life's experiences and my socialization, with that in mind I just speak His Word back to Him and let Him know that I trust Him.

" Seated at the waiting area,another day with the team. 
As always they asked for my details  and gave me a form.
Sit, we will call you in a short while they said.
Once again I remind myself my God is in control.

The voice of fear says the report today will not be good.
It reminds me of the pain  I had the other day that I couldn't understand.
I ponder over it for a second then the voice that guides me says
Fear not child, I have you in my hands, I will carry you.

So today, I am listening to your voice LORD.
Thank you for your assurance and presence with me.
You in me is greater and your voice I believe."

Reviews are never easy, they are moments of mixed emotions but I have learnt to find rest in His promises. 

This review was not different but I have a different report from the doctors, the blood level is at its highest in the last 2 years, the liver functions and other vitals are good, the largest lesion has reduced by 50% and there has been no increase in the number of lesions. I am so grateful to God, He has been gracious towards me. The doctors have recommended another round of treatment which will be done in two weeks time.

As I wait for the procedure, I am counting my blessings. February has become an interesting month, I seem to have a number of days that have become significant, from the diagnosis on Feb 1st 2013, admission for the surgery on 21st 2013, surgery on 22nd 2013, birthday on 24th and the latest addition to this list is World Cancer Day. All these days have one thing in common; they are reminders of God's loving kindness towards me.

Going back to the song, whatever storm any of you reading today would be going through, these words are true " His plan is still to prosper, He has not forgotten us .He is with us in the fire and the flood. He is faithful forever & perfect in love. He are sovereign over us." 
He is not unkind and whatever He allows to happen to His children, He has a purpose for it. Allow Him to carry you and find rest in Him. 

He has carried me. 

Blessings to you and your loved ones!

3 comments:

  1. You are an inspiration, God bless you

    ReplyDelete
  2. "He covers you with His feathers, and under His wings will you find refuge; His faithfulness will be your shield and protection." Psalms 91:4

    ReplyDelete