Sunday 7 December 2014

LORD, Your Grace Amazes Me

In the words of Phillips, Craig and Dean,
Your grace still amazes me,
Your love still a mystery,
Each day , I fall on my knees,
Your grace still amazes me"
During a sung worship session in between the chemo cycles.


Those words express my deepest sentiments and those of one of my friends ( Sheila wa Tele), I am testifying on your behalf :-)

For many years people have told me that I am strong and especially in the last two weeks after the second post. I have been thinking about that ; I acknowledge that the LORD has given me inner strength. So, I can only boast in what He has done.

It is God's grace that has kept me joyful in the difficult times, it is his grace that kept me sane during chemo sessions when I was experiencing pain from my scalp to my soles, it is his grace that has kept me at peace when the bills have been so high and the dimes so low. Yes, it has been his grace.

This was a difficult week, had to get a document from a government office to enable me to continue with treatment, after going to this office for a week since last week, by Thursday I was tired and frustrated. When I was asked to go back to that office on Tuesday this week, I was certain anger would get the best of me. I quickly made a prayer and asked God to help me. I had to submit some documents for the 3rd time, each time in a different format and as I walked out to get them, i was literally balancing tears. Half an hour later, I only had one prayer, "LORD, help me out, provide a way for me to submit the documents before the office closes in half an hour", and He helped. So, God willing,I will undergo treatment this week.

The grace of God is what has enabled me to have the strength to hope and believe that all will be well.  Today I was leading worship at a certain Church and that is a privilege God has given me that keeps me psyched about life. As I was singing one of the songs I was so aware of the things that the LORD does that bring us joy in the midst of difficult circumstances.

So, for any one going through a difficult time today, I pray that God will reveal to you His grace. It is a gift He gives freely, receive it. His grace does not always say I am getting you out of this situation now, but it says,however long this might take, be sure I am with you and will help you through.

" She heard some tragic news,
some with conflicting views,
Tears and unspoken fears.
But each time she raised a song,
Today, I heard her sing

I'm resting in your grace,
For sufficient it always is.
LORD, I'm resting in your grace.

Those who know her always say
You are strong,
She knows they are wrong
And says, " it has been his grace''
Today she is telling the world

I'm resting in his grace,
For sufficient it always is.
LORD, I'm resting in your grace.

Your grace says, 
"I am with You
Be not afraid.
The best is yet to come
So rest in my grace"

2 comments:

  1. A big "PRAISE The LORD" to just how GOD is working with you, in you and through you! AMEN.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi naomi, just came to know about your illness. I know you are a strong girl and you will definietly come out of this. Is there anything that i can do to help you?

    -madhulika

    ReplyDelete